Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer Pear Salad FAIL

While most of my experiences with food fail are via take-out, it's not confined to just togo orders. Quite often I'm brought the wrong meals or meals missing key ingredients in sit-down places. This, dear readers, was one of those times.

My honey and I were out running errands and decided to try out Oggi's pizza as we'd never been there before. Since I'm having to be more careful about what I eat, I chose what sounded like a delicious salad. They even had a picture of it to tempt:


Doesn't that look scrumptious? Grilled chicken, pears, cajun cashews, gorgonzola and a balsamic vinaigrette. Well, let me just say that what I got didn't even look close to that picture. This is what came out of the kitchen:


What's missing from this picture? Anyone? Anyone? That's right, the chicken! So, the waitress comes back a few minutes later, "Is everything ok?" To which I reply with a resounding, "No, it's not ok." She goes back to the kitchen and within 30 seconds comes back with this:

There are so many issues with this. First, the amount of time it took to get the chicken from kitchen to table (less than a minute). They just happened to have a spare cut up chicken breast to bring out? Second, does this even look appetizing at all? At this point I'm thoroughly annoyed but whatever, I'm hungry and it's food.

I mix everything up, take my first bite, chew, chew...huh, needs salt. Ok, salt added, better but not stellar. I take a bite of the pear, chew, chew...I would say it tasted kind of like jicama but that would be insulting to that particular root. My man put it perfectly when he said it felt like eating packing foam. Not that I know what packing foam tastes like, because I don't. Well, I might but that's not the point here. The point is this salad was a total FAIL. If my eating habits have to drastically change, the least I want is something edible that's slightly pleasing to the palate. Jack n the Box has better salads. I'm serious!

So, I don't think I'll be going back and if I do, it'll only be because someone else chose the restaurant. There are way too many great places that do orders consistently right that deserve my business much more than this place. One turned up nose and a bleck.




No comments:

Post a Comment